Coast Guard dreams
If Riley joins the Coast Guard, mark December 31, 2012 as the day he decided to enlist. Andy's lifelong buddy, Adam, a pilot in the Coast Guard, invited Riley to take his first flight lesson aboard a C130 Mighty Hercules (a Coast Guard cargo plane). Later, he got to explore the cargo hold, which was massive and quite an unusual site. It was fun to imagine dropping off supplies for a stranded boat from back there. I think we'll be playing rescue pilot for some time to come.
| "Copy that, 'Wild Riley' is clear for take-off!" |
You better watch out....with all this cockpit time he might become a pilot! Not too bad an occupation. lol.
ReplyDeleteI love this!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Richard. I totally thought of you that day! I hope Riley turns out half as well as my other friend who was all things transportation as a kid!
ReplyDeleteI also thought you might appreciate my lame attempt at musical theatre lyrics a few posts down. :)
Mom, I'd be both proud and scared.
ReplyDeleteRight now he's indicating he might also have a future as a pro-cyclist. No doping, kid!