World Series
Even Uncle Garrett encouraged Riley's fandom, albeit while wearing Dodger Blue. :)
The kids really got into it, even Sloane who had her own "box seat."
Riley learned how to track the runners and count balls, walks, strikes, outs, and innings. For weeks, we had a whole family activity, a common language, and a shared goal around which to rally. It reminded me why baseball has always been considered the American Pastime -- it was all about us spending happy time together and feeling some pride in our community. Such a treat.
Andy and I were lucky enough to be in attendance when the Giants won the National League Champion Series. It was amazing! But nothing could rival Riley's excitement when the Giants won the World Series.
We brought noisemakers, rally towels and a whole lot of excitement.
I usually consider myself an Angeleno, but that night I felt totally San Franciscan.

Comments
Post a Comment